I was elected on to the Council in June 2009, and am Cabinet Member for Regeneration. I’m also a member of the Regulatory Planning Committee.
For 18 years I was a Fire-Fighter but I am now the Managing Director of our familyâ€™s Ashbourne based bakery and restaurant business, and I have two children.
I am also a Derbyshire Dales District Councillor, a former Mayor of Ashbourne Â and I have twice stood for parliamentary election.
Locally I am a trustee of the Governors of Queen Elizabethâ€™s Grammar School and Alms Houses Trust and a former Vice-chairman of Kniveton Church of England Primary School Board of Governors.
I represent the Council on the following outside organisations or bodies:
- Chesterfield Unemployed Workers Centre
- Derby & Derbyshire Economic Partnership
- Derbyshire Aggregates Levy Grant Scheme Panel
- Derbyshire Dales & High Peak Local Strategic Partnership
- Direct Service Organisation Board
- East Midlands European Office Stakeholders Group
- East Midlands Regional Assembly Joint Housing, Planning and Transport Regional Planning Board
- East Midlands Regional Assembly Regional and Communities Board
- East Midlands Rural Affairs
- Local Government Association (Derbyshire)
- Local Government East Midlands Employment Forum Steering Group
- Local Government East Midlands General Meeting
- Markham Vale Liaison Committee
- Markham Vale Partnership Board
- MEGZ Limited
- Nottingham East Midlands Airport Independent Consultative Committee
- The Alliance
- Derby Housing Market Area Joint Advisory Board
- East Midlands Regional Assembly – Added Places
- Local Government East Midlands Regional Migration Partnership